Re: Reading external files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5874] Re: [mg5689] Reading external files
- From: willwb19 at idt.net (puddintaine)
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:31:24 -0500
- Organization: IDT
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 26 Jan 1997 11:40:04 -0500, gooding at mail1.sas.upenn.edu (Edward A. Gooding) wrote: >In:<<junk.nb [loads the notebook junk with the definition x=1] >In:x >1 >In:Clear[x]; >In:<<junk.nb; >In:x >x >This continues until the kernel is rebooted. Does anyone >know what is going on here? Follow up- In:Clear[x] (which clears the definition of x) with- In:Remove[x] (which removes the symbol x from the current context) Also, check your help files and/or documentation to find out about the subtleties of "context" They will do a better job explaining it than I can.