[Q] Complex Numbers
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5852] [Q] Complex Numbers
- From: bogie at montana.com (Steve Moore)
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:30:17 -0500
- Organization: Internet Connect Services
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Right now I'm using the demo of Mathematica 3.0 until the real package arrives. Thus I don't have any manuals, only the online help, and I can't find an answer there. Let's define z = x + Iy I am trying to break Sec[z] into its Real and its Imaginary parts. If I enter: Re[Sec[z]] Mathematica responds with: Re[Sec[Iy + x]] How do I actually see what the Real component of Sec[z] is??? Thanks 10^6, Steve Moore.