How do I configure cursor control keys ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg5995] How do I configure cursor control keys ?
  • From: "Christopher R. Carlen" <crobc at>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 22:38:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am running Linux 2.0 with XFree86 3.1.2 .  I have run MMA 3.0 with no
from the CD-ROM so far, but several keys which are important to me do
not work.

First, here are some more configuration details for my system.  I
already have the
Delete, Backspace, and other cursor control keys properly configured
under X.  They
work fine under most X-apps.  When I use the MMA help feature, "Find
Keys and
Modifiers," the correct KeySyms show up for the keys:

But these keys do not work in the notebook interface.  Delete acts as a
The other keys do peculiar things.

Is there a way to get the MMA 3.0 Linux front end to properly respond to
three important KeySyms ?

Christopher R. Carlen
crobc at
carlenc at