Re: How do I configure cursor control keys ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6020] Re: [mg5995] How do I configure cursor control keys ?
- From: "Christopher R. Carlen" <crobc at epix.net>
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 01:20:08 -0500
- Organization: epix.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Christopher R. Carlen wrote: > > I am running Linux 2.0 with XFree86 3.1.2 . I > already have the Delete, Backspace, and other cursor control > keys properly configured under X. They > work fine under most X-apps. When I use the MMA help feature, "Find > Keys and Modifiers," the correct KeySyms show up for the keys: > Delete > Home > End > But these keys do not work in the notebook interface. Delete acts as a > Backspace. The other keys do peculiar things. > Is there a way to get the MMA 3.0 Linux front end to properly respond to > these three important KeySyms ? There is a file /usr/local/mathematica/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/KeyEventTranslations.tr Which contains the mappings of KeySyms to MMA actions. It is pretty self-explanatory to modify once you've found it. _____________________ Christopher R. Carlen crobc at epix.net carlenc at cs.moravian.edu