Re: Mathematica with Digital Unix 4.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5978] Re: [mg5974] Mathematica with Digital Unix 4.0
  • From: Fergal Shevlin <fshevlin at maths.tcd.ie>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 22:37:52 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hak at darkwing.uoregon.edu (Hans A Kuhn) writes:

>I wanted to find out if anyone else has been having problems
>with getting support for Digital UNIX 4.0 with Mathematica.

Well I encountered a problem with MMA 2.2.4 on DU 4.0 that renders
MMA completely useless. The following message appears and the kernel
then core dumps-Internal Error: FreeExpr called on LiveExpr.

WRI support said that this is a known bug and that the only solution is
to install MMA 2.2.3. Luckily I was able to find a CD with the latter on it
and do the re-installation . Otherwise it would have cost me a lot of time
waiting for it to be shipped. I got the impression that MMA 3.0 may take
some time to arrive on unix platforms, hopefully the DU 4.0 version will
actually work when it arrives.

Fergal.
Fergal Shevlin                    Phone: +353-1-6081209 Fax: 6772204
Dept. of Computer Science                      http://www.cs.tcd.ie/
Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.         Fergal.Shevlin at cs.tcd.ie