Re: Mathematica with Digital Unix 4.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5978] Re: [mg5974] Mathematica with Digital Unix 4.0
- From: Fergal Shevlin <fshevlin at maths.tcd.ie>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 22:37:52 -0500
- Organization: Dept. of Maths, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hak at darkwing.uoregon.edu (Hans A Kuhn) writes: >I wanted to find out if anyone else has been having problems >with getting support for Digital UNIX 4.0 with Mathematica. Well I encountered a problem with MMA 2.2.4 on DU 4.0 that renders MMA completely useless. The following message appears and the kernel then core dumps-Internal Error: FreeExpr called on LiveExpr. WRI support said that this is a known bug and that the only solution is to install MMA 2.2.3. Luckily I was able to find a CD with the latter on it and do the re-installation . Otherwise it would have cost me a lot of time waiting for it to be shipped. I got the impression that MMA 3.0 may take some time to arrive on unix platforms, hopefully the DU 4.0 version will actually work when it arrives. Fergal. -- ==================================================================== Fergal Shevlin Phone: +353-1-6081209 Fax: 6772204 Dept. of Computer Science http://www.cs.tcd.ie/ Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland. Fergal.Shevlin at cs.tcd.ie