Anyone using Mathmatica, Mathcad, or other to model networks?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5981] Anyone using Mathmatica, Mathcad, or other to model networks?
- From: jsmilan at visi.com (Jim Smilanich)
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 22:37:55 -0500
- Organization: Vector Internet Services, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
We are searching for an alternative to the high cost toolsets such as those from Make Systems and CACI. We need to be able to build or buy models which will give us a first order approximation of the bandwidth demand for a given network design. We don't want or need exact predictive capability, just a tool that will help us to avoid buying too much bandwidth, or under utilizing what we already have. From the sampling of the various Web sites that are devoted to mathematical modeling tools, I believe that Maple, Mathematica, or Mathcad could meet our needs if we have to build everything from scratch. However, we would prefer to buy a model based on one of these tools if we can. Any ideas? Thoughts? Comments? -- Jim Smilanich | "A man should be able to pilot a starship, plan an jsmilan at visi.com | invasion, diaper a baby..... specialization is for Vector is my access | insects!" -- Lazarus Long provider, so don't blame| them for my opinions! |