Coords of intersecting lines...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5746] Coords of intersecting lines...
- From: "Van der Poorten G." <pub01276 at innet.be>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:42:26 -0500
- Organization: INnet NV (post doesn't reflect views of INnet NV)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
HI, I know this is a basic question, but after 15 years i tend to forget some things, specialy when you dont need math every day. Now, what am i looking for ? I'm trying to set up some equations on movement of cars and shock absorbers.( I'm actualy an 3D animator.) I got stuck with an over complicated formula when trying to find the intersectionpoint of 2 lines, only knowing 3 points a(x,y) b(x,y) c(x,y) and that both lines are perpendicular. Due to computation time, i must find the smallest formula possible. Can anyone help me on this? Btw, if you have information on automotive motion, plz let me know Van der Poorten Geert 3Digit Belgium