Mathematica 3.0 on Win95

Hi,
  I just installed 3.0 on my Win 95 machine, and the fonts seem all
messed up. For instance, on the palettes, there may be a large bold
extranious BaF on a button with a command. Or, many many buttons may all
say "a" on them, but when you push them, different things are put into
the notebook for each one. Or, when I type in an input cell, a ( comes
out as a H, a ) comes out as a L, etc. etc. If anyone can shed some
light on this, let me know. Thanks a bunch.
           Doug