Re: Prime research
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7845] Re: Prime research
- From: Chun Che Li <ccli at math.ucla.edu>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 03:01:24 -0400
- Organization: University of California, Los Angeles
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
2^256+1=2^(2^8)+1 is the eight fermat number, and is not a prime.
Check out this website for more detail.
On 8 Jul 1997, Your Name wrote:
> I'm student in mathematics and have big problem with mathematica 2.0 :
> When I enter Prime[2^256+1] , mathematica give for response false.
> After I calculate with my Ti-92 , and it tell me that 2^256 +1 is Prime who
> can help me ?
> mathematica is doing errors !
> Romain Pacanowski
Prev by Date:
Re: Partial Derivatives
Next by Date:
Rotated text in graphics
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Question on Positive[x]=True