Help: MMA incompatible with K6 ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7860] Help: MMA incompatible with K6 ?
  • From: Bruno Gries <gries at>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 02:01:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi everyone !

Maybe it's known, but I found out that the functions "Eigenvalues" and
"Eigenvectors" don't work on an AMD K6. Entering with ANY matrix causes the

		unable to find all the roots of the characteristic polynomial

This affects Version 2.2 for Windows (tested on several machines).

My question: is anyone running MMA 3.0 or 3.0.1 for Win95/NT on an AM6 K6 ?

If yes, please try entering:

Answers would be very welcome since I am thinking about buying MMA 3.0 and
want to be sure the bug mentioned above occurs only in MMA 2.2