plotting non-numeric data

I have a number of functions each of which represents a different policy
option.  I would like to make a plot that shows which option is the
policymakers best choice as a function of the parameter values.

So basically I want a map where regions are defined by which policy
generates the most surplus.

Any ideas on how to approach this?

Thanks for you help,
Lee