graphics import/conversion bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7760] [mg7760] graphics import/conversion bug?
- From: Michael <malak at qni.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:36:48 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
According to the Mathematica documentation, it should be possible to import a GIF or JPG file, convert it to primitives, and then manipulate it. However, when I try to import the file (either by opening it directly or by choosing Import from the File menu, something goes wrong. Sometimes Mathematica just plain crashes, and the other half when I go to convert the image to InputForm I am left with a blank graphic rather than the correct primitives to draw the image. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in Mathematica 3.0? Thanks, Michael michael at qni.com