Re: graphics import/conversion bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7773] Re: graphics import/conversion bug?
- From: Sudeep Kumar Palat <Sudeep.Palat at item.ntnu.no>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:40:54 -0400
- Organization: Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael <malak at qni.com> writes: Michael> According to the Mathematica documentation, it should be Michael> possible to import a GIF or JPG file, convert it to Michael> primitives, and then manipulate it. However, when I try to Michael> import the file (either by opening it directly or by choosing Michael> Import from the File menu, something goes wrong. Sometimes Michael> Mathematica just plain crashes, and the other half when I go Michael> to convert the image to InputForm I am left with a blank Michael> graphic rather than the correct primitives to draw the image. It crashes for me too (at least one of them - GIF or JPG did, can't recall which one). Mathematica 3.0, sun-sparc-solaris 2.5. sudeep