Student Ver 2.2 Sound Prob

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7763] [mg7763] Student Ver 2.2 Sound Prob
  • From: Robert Angle <r.angle at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:36:50 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I recently acquired a Students Edition of the Mathematica Program ver
2.l.  The package also included a disk for a Windows Front End ver. 2.2
which I installed yielding, I believe, a ver. 2.2 Mathematica program.

	When I input
		Play[Sin[2400 x], {x,0,2}], the program displays a sound graphic and
generates a Sound Output Cell but does not yield an audio output.  The
Sound Output Cell right hand bracket doesn't display a samll speaker as
it should either.

	It is my impression that the 2.2 ver of the Students Edition of
Mathematica should support sound generation.  If this is true, any
suggestions as to why I can't get an audio output.  I am running the
program on Windows 95 platform. Any help will be appreciated.
 	E-mail:r.angle at worldnet.att.net