Getting image data - how?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7781] Getting image data - how?
- From: DUNSTAN at hardy.emich.edu (Allyn W. Dunstan)
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:41:00 -0400
- Organization: Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I'm trying to read an image (I'm willing to use nearly any format - JPEG, GIF, TIFF, even MS BMP). Thus far, the only one I've found useful is PPM (it's ASCII so I can parse out the parts I'm interested in). I can import images and look at them, but that doesn't let me perform calculations on individual pixel values. Any suggestions? Thanks! -- A. W. Dunstan Unsolicited email subject to a $500 charge/message, Software Engineer 5kb max per message, due on my receipt of your dunstan at omi.com email. Your transmittal of a message indicates your OptiMetrics, Inc. acceptance of these terms.