  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7697] Lighting
  • From: Alex Tabarrok <00attabarrok at>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 22:17:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hello All,

           MMA 3.0 keeps its light sources fixed when the viewing
location changes - this means that the colors of an object change when
looking at it from a different location.  I would like to show two
different views of an object but where the colors remain constant so as
to facilitate comparison.  Clearly, I need to change the location of the
light sources as the viewpoint changes.  I am having some trouble,
however, getting the two coordinate systems to map into one another.  If
anyone has already solved this problem or written some code to keep the
relative position of the light sources fixed I would appreciate knowing
about it before I spend too much time on this problem.  Thanks.

Alex Tabarrok
Department of Economics
Ball State University