Live 3D Visualization

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7489] Live 3D Visualization
  • From: "Xah Lee" <xah at>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 03:48:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

There is a new version of SaveToRotaterFormat.m. The new version 1.2 added
the ability to add comment, a minor update. Download it at
Please write to me for all comment and suggestions. If nothing's wrong, I'll
submit the newer version to MathSource in July.

SaveToRotaterFormat.m is a package that export Mathematica graphics into a
format that can be read by the Mac program Rotater or by the DOS/Windows

Rotater v.3.5 by Craig Kloeden is a real-time 3D visualization program for
the Macintosh. A DOS version is written by Marijke van Gans.
These programs reads an ASCII file of coordinates, then you can rotate the
3D object in real-time using your mouse. Both program represents the 3D
object by wireframes. Both programs are fast and free. The latest version of
Rotater and can be found at
<> and
<> respectively. Information on
other real-time 3D vizualization programs can be found in my
Visualization_Geometry> page.

 Xah, xah at,
 Symantec Visual Cafe. Windows95/NT. CD-ROM. Factory Sealed. $50. email me.