Live 3D Visualization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7489] Live 3D Visualization
  • From: "Xah Lee" <xah at best.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 03:48:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Announcement:

There is a new version of SaveToRotaterFormat.m. The new version 1.2 added
the ability to add comment, a minor update. Download it at
<http://www.best.com/~xah/SpecialPlaneCurves_dir/MmaPackages_dir/mmaPackages
.html#SaveToRotaterFormat>
Please write to me for all comment and suggestions. If nothing's wrong, I'll
submit the newer version to MathSource in July.

SaveToRotaterFormat.m is a package that export Mathematica graphics into a
format that can be read by the Mac program Rotater or by the DOS/Windows
program rotate.com.

Rotater v.3.5 by Craig Kloeden is a real-time 3D visualization program for
the Macintosh. A DOS version rotate.com is written by Marijke van Gans.
These programs reads an ASCII file of coordinates, then you can rotate the
3D object in real-time using your mouse. Both program represents the 3D
object by wireframes. Both programs are fast and free. The latest version of
Rotater and rotate.com can be found at
<http://raru.adelaide.edu.au/rotater/> and
<http://www.silicon-alley.com/cat/rotate.html> respectively. Information on
other real-time 3D vizualization programs can be found in my
<http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/MathPrograms_dir/mathPrograms.html#3D_
Visualization_Geometry> page.

 Xah, xah at best.com, http://www.best.com/~xah/
 Symantec Visual Cafe. Windows95/NT. CD-ROM. Factory Sealed. $50. email me.