Density plots and Windows 24bit Color

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7468] Density plots and Windows 24bit Color
  • From: Tom Burton <tburton at cts.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 01:35:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Today I suddenly needed density plots, and they didn't work--none of them,
not even the ones in the manual. I kept getting a beep, with the
explanation "postscript error". But I really needed density plots. For once
in my life, the first adjustment I tried worked: I changed my video setting
from 24-bit color to 16-bit color (more than enough for a density plot).
Now all density plots work!

I am running Mathematica 3.0.1 under Windows95 with a Diamond Stealth driver.

(Unfortunately, I still cannot import postscript graphics.)

Tom Burton