  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7471] TimeConstraint??
  • From: Colin L C Fu <es2136 at>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 01:35:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I had messages like these popping up th screen when I tried to solve
a long equations.

1) "Simplify::time:
   Time spent on a transformation exceeded 300
   seconds, and the transformation was aborted. Increasing the
value        of TimeConstraint option may improve the result of

How to improve the TimeConstraint Option ?

2) General::stop: Further output of Simplify::time
     will be suppressed during this calculation.

There was still solution/output given by Mathematica. Is that a reliable