help with storage/compression problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6276] help with storage/compression problem
- From: "Skip Smith" <skipsmith at ipa.net>
- Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 09:49:21 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Internet Partners of America
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Help, I'm trying to find the best way to take 3000 variables (each variable is true or false) and store them in the smallest space possible (without loss of information). Order is important within the 3000 variables. I know that I can store 8 true/false variables in one byte with a bit map. Any ideas? I have thought of possibly using compression algorithms. email me with ideas. skipsmith at usa.net Thanks in advance...