Optimized for 0*x ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6461] Optimized for 0*x ?
- From: mrb at jow3.merton.ox.ac.uk (Mike Brewer)
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 23:00:20 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Oxford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If I execute an expression
a * x
where a is exactly 0, and x is anything (e.g. Exp[y^2]), does mathematica
know not to evaluate x (which may require some processing)? The reason I
want to know this is because I have a set of variables which become
extremely small during the algorithm, and would like to save some processing
time by using Chop to reduce them to 0 exactly.
Prev by Date:
Re: Fourier Help!!
Next by Date:
Volumes using Cylindrical Shells
Previous by thread:
Re: graphic export in mma 3.0
Next by thread:
Re: Optimized for 0*x ?