Re: LogLogPlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6477] Re: [mg6464] LogLogPlot
  • From: seanross at
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 13:23:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Ray Simpkins wrote:
> Please help!!!!!!
> I am trying to load a special package <<Graphics to plot a LogLogPlot and
> mathematica will not open it.  What is wrong?????  I have to turn in some
> important data on Monday.  If anyone knows how to correct this problem I will
> be eternally grateful.  Thanks  Ray
> simpkin6 at

Its hard to help when we don't know what version of mathematica or what
the error messages were.  I have experienced similar problems for two
different reasons.

The first is that there are sometimes some symbols in common with global
symbols or that you may have attempted to load it in once, gotten an
error message which then messed up that session. I find that using
Needs[`packagename`] works more reliably than <<packagname.

The second problem occurred on 2.2 after I upgraded to windows95 and the
function which makes a context name into a filename expected the
operating system to truncate the package name to 8.3.

Other things to check:  make sure the packages are in the correct
directory.  Look at the packages with a text editor to make sure it
isn't corrupt.  Also,the code

should not load in anything.  You want the code

to load in the package with loglogplot in it.

Finally, make sure you are using the correct symbol for the single
quotes.  It is the apostrophe mark(`) on the upper left side of your
keyboard underneath the tilde(~), not the single quote(') underneath the
double quote(") on the right side of your keyboard.

Hope this helps.