Re: Mac AppleEvents and the 3.0 front end

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6291] Re: [mg6042] Mac AppleEvents and the 3.0 front end
  • From: "James Gregurich" <bayou at>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:26:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Quoting me:
>A while back, I griped about the lack of Applescript and AE support in
>Several persons told me that DoScript events can be sent to the kernal to
>control mma. HOwever, the kernal does not respond to the AEs when the
>end is running. Therefore, how can the front end be controlled by sending
>AEs to the kernal?

I see there has been no comment from all of you guys who claimed that
DoScript support in the kernal was acceptable.

It clearly isn't. I for one want full scriptablibilty and recordability in
the front end. This product is TOO EXPENSIVE for it not to provide the user
with such capability.

I'll buy no more upgrades until these are  provided.

BTW: You Windows users should call for support of OLE automation in the
front end.

James Gregurich
LSU physics

Cyberdog ---A Product of Apple Computer, Inc.