Re: Generating lists of normally-distributed numbers?

> Can someone provide a simple example of how a list of N elements can be
> generated, with the list elements being normally distibuted?  I'd like to
> include random seeding so I can generate an ensemble of such lists.

Try this code fragment (or variants of it):

Needs["Statistics`NormalDistribution`"]
SeedRandom[1];
RandomArray[NormalDistribution[0,1],{10}]

> Are there general tools in Mma 3.0 for generating lsits with various
> statistics?  How do I go about searching for sites where these kinds of
> tools can be found?

Look at Statistics`ContinuousDistributions` in the Add-ons section of
the Help Browser in Mma 3.0

Steve

Dr Stephen P Luttrell                  luttrell at signal.dra.hmg.gb
Adaptive Systems Theory                01684-894046 (phone)
Room EX21, Defence Research Agency     01684-894384 (fax)
Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, U.K.
http://www.dra.hmg.gb/cis5pip/Welcome.html