Re: Generating lists of normally-distributed numbers?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6317] Re: [mg6265] Generating lists of normally-distributed numbers?
  • From: Stephen P Luttrell <luttrell at>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:26:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

> Can someone provide a simple example of how a list of N elements can be
> generated, with the list elements being normally distibuted?  I'd like to
> include random seeding so I can generate an ensemble of such lists.

Try this code fragment (or variants of it):

> Are there general tools in Mma 3.0 for generating lsits with various
> statistics?  How do I go about searching for sites where these kinds of
> tools can be found?

Look at Statistics`ContinuousDistributions` in the Add-ons section of
the Help Browser in Mma 3.0

Dr Stephen P Luttrell                  luttrell at
Adaptive Systems Theory                01684-894046 (phone)
Room EX21, Defence Research Agency     01684-894384 (fax)
Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, U.K.