Re: Displaying Rotated Text on a Macintosh or Sun

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6322] Re: [mg6301] Displaying Rotated Text on a Macintosh or Sun
  • From: daiyanh at mindspring.com (Daitaro Hagihara)
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 23:26:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <5fqv10$9qv at smc.vnet.net>, Dick Zacher <dick at loc3.tandem.com> wrote:
<snip>
> OK.  The NT workstation is using TrueType fonts.  The Macintosh is using
> TrueType fonts.  Mathematica can display rotated text on the NT
> workstation, but not on the Macintosh.  Wolfram Tech Support doesn't
> know how to fix this problem, but maybe you do.  If so, please respond.
>
> --
> Dick

Very elaborate account of this long standing case.  FYI, this is briefly
mentioned in the release notes if you care to look into.  Partial sol'n is
to use hershey` package from Mathsource.  It's partial because you have to
do a lot of work after getting and installing the package.  I quit trying
to do it myself after realizing my lack of knowledge about psychology.
Systat graphics doc has some more info on this one.  Good luck.

BTW, the usenet posts are no longer threaded.  It's extremely inconvenient
to follow the topics.  I hope this can be corrected soon.

Daitaro Hagihara