Re: choosing a branch cut
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6356] Re: choosing a branch cut
- From: me at bc.edu
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 01:20:11 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Boston College
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I think there is no simple solution, but it might help to use
ArcTan[x,y]. Then you have only one branch cut along y=0 AND x<0.
The latter has a cut along x=0.
Have fun with Multivalued functions!!
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Byte-files only partially loaded
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: REQ: (a+b)n
Next by thread:
Free expr called on live expr