Problems with TimeConstrained in Win3.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6348] Problems with TimeConstrained in Win3.1
- From: schlomcb at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de (Martin Schloemer)
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 01:19:56 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Rechenzentrum
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
we tried to use Timeconstrained in Mathematica 2.2 under win3.1 but it did
not work. we need to factorize big numbers and if it takes too long we want
mathematika to abort the process. we want to do it in a table that we can
factorize more than 2000 random numbers.
we have no idea what went wrong. someone else tried the same on another
computer that does not use windows. And it worked. now we think that it
could be a difference between the mathematica version under Windows 3.1
and the one for Unix. Or is it just a different timeformat?
if we use timing, it works.
please help me if you can.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Problems with TimeConstrained in Win3.1