Re: Mathematica Mie Code

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6345] Re: Mathematica Mie Code
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 01:19:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mark Dowell wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows of any packages or Notebooks for Mie
> calculations. I have looked on mathsource but have found nothing
> there.

A long time back (1990), the Mathematica Registered Developer Index
listed C D Cantrell <cantrell at> as developing a set of
Nonlinear Optics Packages which included the scattering of light by
Aerosols (Mie scattering). I don't know the status of this work.

Paul Abbott
Department of Physics                       Phone: +61-9-380-2734
The University of Western Australia           Fax: +61-9-380-1014
Nedlands WA  6907                         paul at

          God IS a weakly left-handed dice player