L-Systems and Tilings in Mma

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7074] L-Systems and Tilings in Mma
  • From: Xah Lee <xah at best.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 21:59:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

I'm collection Mma programs on L-systems (and tilings). I know three:

* Robert Dickau's at <http://forum.swarthmore.edu/advanced/robertd/lsys2d.html>

* Jens-Peer Kuska's (INTERNET:jpk at apex.mpe.FTA-Berlin.de) package posted
here sometimes in 1996 March. ([mg3440] Re: [mg3355] generating fractal
sets)

* Mma in Action by Stan Wagon, Chapter 6.

Among them, Stan Wagon's is the most complete and documented. If you know
any other mma programs for L-systems, please email me. I'll also be
collecting Mma program on tilings. Thanks. If I receive significant
replies, I will post a summary of all resources.

 Xah, xah at best.com,
 http://www.best.com/~xah/SpecialPlaneCurves_dir/specialPlaneCurves.html
 "Mathematics kills germs, cleans the toilet too."