Nonlinear fitting with integral?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7013] Nonlinear fitting with integral?
  • From: "Michael Rogers" <drmiker at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:48:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi.  I'm trying to do a non-linear fit with a model in which one of the
parameters is inside a numerical integral (this is physically motivated so
I can't change it).  The MarquartLevenberg method of NonlinearRegress
doesn't want to evaluate it right; maybe
its trying to do things symbolically, but it holds the evaluation of the
variable and parameters and I can't seem to override it with Evaluate[].
Maybe I can use the FindMinimum method.  I thought I'd tried this but I'll
try again.  In the mean time, does anybody out there have any ideas?  Any
help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Mike Rogers