Discrepancy betw HP unix and mac versions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7211] Discrepancy betw HP unix and mac versions
- From: stephenbou at aol.com (StephenBou)
- Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 02:30:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I noticed a discrepancy in the way Mathematica for HP unix (version 2.2)
and the Macintosh 3.0 versions handle the % operator for a series of
commands WITHIN THE SAME NOTEBOOK CELL.
In the HP unix version, these commands in a single cell,
gives as output and assign to 'x':
But Macintosh version 3.0 assigns to 'x' the value of whatever command
happened to be evaluated beforehand.
Will all 3.0 versions perform the same way? What gives? The 3.0 version
for macintosh would seem to implement the series of commands in a single
cell in an undesirable way.
BTW, if the same 2 statements were entered in the mac version 3.0 IN
DIFFERENT CELLS, the results would be as in the HP unix case.
stephenbou at aol.com
Prev by Date:
bug in Mathematica 3.0 ?
Next by Date:
Bugs in Mathematica ver: 3.0 ?
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Re: bug in Mathematica 3.0 ?
Next by thread:
Re: Discrepancy betw HP unix and mac versions