Re: Writing Mathematica Plots to Files as PICTS?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7001] Re: Writing Mathematica Plots to Files as PICTS?
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:48:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>  I want to run a Mathematica notebook which generates (slowly) 50 successive
>  plots (they happen to be 3D plots), and then convert these into a QuickTime
>  movie on a Mac.
>
>  Can I do this?  (Mathematica 2.2 or 3.0)

OK, after stumbling onto a hint, I can answer my own question.

PICTs and other graphic formats can be written to files using
the new formatting capabilities of the  Display[ ]  command in
Mathematica 3.0, as defined on p. 1070 and discussed on pages
208-210 of the MATHEMATICA BOOK, 3rd edition.

If anyone has useful experience with this, in particular with
writing multiple PICTs and running them as QuickTime movies,
I'd still appreciate hearing from them.

     --siegman at ee.stanford.edu