Re: [Q] Prblems with characters

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7007] Re: [mg6944] [Q] Prblems with characters
  • From: penny at (Des Penny)
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:48:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

>whenever I type in mathematica the characters seem strange:
>[ appears as @
>] appears as F
>Can anybody help

I've had similar problems with Mma 3.0 on a PowerMac.  Sometimes the [ and
] are printed so large on the screen that they look like vertical lines |.

Sometimes I've had very large left square brackets "[" and small right
square bracket "]".  This wouldn't be so bad except that the front end
doesn't realize that these match and so gives a syntax error.  This can be
very frustrating.

These problems are transitory.  I can't seem to reproduce them.  Has anyone
got a fixed sequence of steps from the boot of Mma and Kernel that will
reproduce these problems?

Des Penny

Des Penny
Physical Science Dept.