Printing on NeXT-Intel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6980] Printing on NeXT-Intel
  • From: rdieter at math.unl.edu (Rex Dieter)
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:48:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Just installed Math'ca 3.0, and love it so far.  I'm having a bit of a
problem with printing notebooks, however.  I've sent a message regarding
this to Wolfram's technical support, but my experience with them is slow, a
best.  I thought I'd find out if anyone else has had similar experiences as
I.

Every printout a try to make (to an HP 5MP printer, BTW), has an error
message superimposed at the top of the page:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: nextdict

STACK:

This error does NOT occur when printing to a NeXT Laser printer.

I've tracked this error down to the following command embedded in to PS
code of the printed page:
nextdict /_journalRecording false put
removing this line, and printing the PS file results then in a proper
printout.

Anyone else have this problem and possible know of a fix?

--
Rex A. Dieter			rdieter at math.unl.edu (NeXT/MIME OK)
Computer System Manager	 	http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/