Re: Better Units Package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7061] Re: Better Units Package?
- From: dreece at atl.mindspring.com (Daryl Reece)
- Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 22:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: MindSpring Enterprises, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I added the following lines to the Miscellaneous`Units` package to convert to basic SI units. BasicSI::usage = "BasicSI[expr] converts an expression to it's basic SI units." BasicSI[expr_] := expr //. $SIPrefixes //. $ToSI //. $ToFundamental the following call resolves your problem then: N[PowerExpand[BasicSI[Sqrt[Joule/Gram]]]] "Rick A. Sprague" <sprague at egr.msu.edu> wrote: >Hello, >Just fooling around trying to find the average speed of a gas molecule >using the kinetic theory of gases equation. I cannot seem to get the >following to convert: