Better Units Package?

Hello,

Just fooling around trying to find the average speed of a gas molecule
using the kinetic theory of gases equation.  I cannot seem to get the
following to convert:

In[] :=	Convert [Sqrt[Joule/Gram],Meter/Second]
Out[]=	PUKE!

However, I can get the conversion to go if I convert Joules to its
fundamental base units:

In[]:=	Convert[
		PowerExpand[Sqrt[KiloGramMeter/Second^2 Meter/Gram],
		Meter/Second] // N

Out=	31.6 Meter/Second

Please tell me that there is an easier way  :)  Is there a function that
will convert units to meter, grams, second,Kelvin?  The SI,CGS, MKS
functions don't cut it. SI[Joule] = Joule....  Is there an MMA package
enhancement floating around?

Thanks,

Rick Sprague