Better Units Package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7016] Better Units Package?
- From: "Rick A. Sprague" <sprague at egr.msu.edu>
- Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 21:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Michigan State University College of Chemical Engineering
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, Just fooling around trying to find the average speed of a gas molecule using the kinetic theory of gases equation. I cannot seem to get the following to convert: In := Convert [Sqrt[Joule/Gram],Meter/Second] Out= PUKE! However, I can get the conversion to go if I convert Joules to its fundamental base units: In:= Convert[ PowerExpand[Sqrt[KiloGramMeter/Second^2 Meter/Gram], Meter/Second] // N Out= 31.6 Meter/Second Please tell me that there is an easier way :) Is there a function that will convert units to meter, grams, second,Kelvin? The SI,CGS, MKS functions don't cut it. SI[Joule] = Joule.... Is there an MMA package enhancement floating around? Thanks, Rick Sprague