Re: 3D scatter plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7043] Re: [mg7010] 3D scatter plot
  • From: Fabian Haas <b5hafa at rz.uni-jena.de>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 22:04:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

terrence becker <tjbecker at damage.lbl.gov> wrote

>I am trying to make a "scatter" plot from a set large set of {x,y,z}'s.
>ListPlot3D wants to assign values 1,2,3,etc for my x,y axes instead of
>my real data. ListPlot allows you to
>feed in both the real x and y data, but what about for 3-D ?
>
>thanks
>
>tj
>
>tjbecker at euler.berkeley.edu

I think your problem has been dealt with in Tom Whickham Jones book Mathematica Graphics:

I think you put in your list in a triangulation method and show the polygons in Graphics3D

Fabian

Dipl.Biol. Fabian Haas, MPhil
Institut für Spezielle Zoologie und Evolutionsbiologie
Erbertstr. 1
D-07743 Jena
Deutschland / Germany
TEL  ++ 49 361 630 424