MMA 3.0 buggy on NextStep/Intel?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7052] MMA 3.0 buggy on NextStep/Intel?
  • From: steve.trainoff at wyatt.com (Steven Trainoff)
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 22:04:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Perhaps it is just my install, but Mathematica 3.0 on NextStep seems very
buggy.  It crashes a lot.   Perhaps others can help reproduce the problem.
For example,  If I start up the front end and type "ctl-space" it crashes and
takes my session with it.  If I enter it using the menu panels, it works
fine.  What is worse is that we run it using a network license manager.  When
the front end crashes, it doesn't release its network licence and I have to
log onto the server and manually kill and restart the license server!

--
...STeve
steve.trainoff at wyatt.com	(NeXT and MIME mail welcome)