Re: What does

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9343] Re: [mg9267] What does
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 03:33:29 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

PHY_BREWER at EXODUS.VALPO.EDU wrote:

> What does the message "hypergeometircPFQ" mean at the end of a
> computation and how do I get rid of a non computer value or it's
> derivative is non defined at the point x=......?
>
> Thank you,
> Aaron Brewer

hypergeometricPFQ is the mathematica name for the generalized
hypergeometric function which is the most general case of a class of
special functions that include Sines, Hyperbolics, Jacobi elliptic
functions and a few others.  Getting this in a calculation means that
you have managed to try and process a really nasty function that can
barely be represented in closed form notation.

As to your question of how to get rid of a certain message, you will
need to be more specific and re-post.