LaTeX Save?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9533] LaTeX Save?
  • From: dwarren at starnetinc.com (Daniel Warren)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:40:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have asked Mathematica Tech Support if there was a TeXSave will ever
output LaTex2e compliant tex (and if the associated notebook.sty would
be  updated to a LaTeX document class) and was told that such a thing
was not  in the works.  Frankly, the present output from TeXSave needs
a lot of  editing before it will even typeset, and the output is pretty
lousy.

I am pretty peaved that an advertised feature of Mathematica is not
functional, and apparently not supported.  TeX output is one arguement
I used on my boss (who wanted another system).  Now I look pretty foolish.

My question:  Is there a way to edit the TeXSave code?  If I will be
writting my own LaTeX option, I would prefer not to have to start from
scratch.  Has anyone done this already?