Evaluating Many Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9542] Evaluating Many Notebooks
  • From: William J Miller <wjmiller at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:40:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Is it possible to write a program which will evaluate all of the
notebooks in a folder one at a time? It would need to go something like
this:

1. Read notebook.
2. Evaluate notebook.
3. Save evaluated notebook.
4. Quit or clear kernel.
5. Repeat with next notebook in folder.

I am a Teaching Assistant for a Mathematica class and so far I have been
opening a notebook, evaluating it, grading, then closing, etc. It takes
forever with 60 students. I was thinking that there must be a better
way. Hopefully there is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill