How easy is it to solve geometry problems in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9574] How easy is it to solve geometry problems in Mathematica?
  • From: cjs19 at cornell.edu (Maggie Eusebio Schock)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:40:34 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to solve 2D geometry problems of this nature:

Find a line tangent to two curves (curves such as ellipse, circle,
circular  arc, elliptical arc or splines)

Find the intersection point between to curves.

Is it fairly easy to solve these in Mathematica?  I am considering
purchasing  Mathematica and would like to have your inputs.

Thanks in advance.