Fractal grammars/creation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9374] Fractal grammars/creation
  • From: Kushner <maxnco at asan.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 03:33:59 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to generate fractals via transformations. This involves
methods used by Hilbert, Peano, and Mandelbrot, among others. I am not
sure if Mathematica can do this, but it was mentioned in a computer
graphics book. I think it falls under the topic of Geometric Grammars,
but I am not sure. What I want to do is make plane-filling curves, but
if I can just find out how to do simple stuff like a Cantor set or a
Serpinski gasket, that would be enough to start with. Is this possible?
Max