Re: Named Commands list?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9708] Re: [mg9647] Named Commands list?
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:31:57 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Patrice Tréton wrote:

> Where can I find the list of ALL the frontend named commands. There are
> just a few in Wolfram' book.

>             Patrice.

The on-line help has a larger list(under other information: menu
commands), but it does seem to have holes in it.  In some cases the
commands aren't given separate billing so they are hard to find.
TextData, CounterBox, TextBox etc are examples of this.  They don't
have separate listing in the index or in the Mathematica book, but they
are explained somewhat in the section on manipulating cells.

Sometimes, you have to just leaf through the pages to find the commands.
Not ideal, I know.  Another good place to look is in the various system
files like init.m or in the .tr files.  These contain much code to set
options and even define the drop down menus.  You can find some
under-documented commands there too.  Sorry I don't know of a single
place where you can find full documentationo on the front end.  I have
been whining for a front end manual ever since 3.0 came out. --
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.