Re: Splitting plot label

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9814] Re: Splitting plot label
  • From: lthompso at s.psych.uiuc.edu (Laura Thompson)
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 05:35:31 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

sergio at scisun.sci.ccny.cuny.edu (Sergio Rojas) writes:

>  Good evening folks:

>        In Mathematica version 2.2:

>        How the numbered tick mark displayed by Mathematica
> in the axis of a plot can be formated to read 10^6 instead of
> 100000 ? See for example: Plot[1000 x, {x, 0, 100}]

If you haven't already, look up ExponentFunction, which is used to set
the point at which numbers get written in exponent form.  Details
should be in the on-line book, or function browser.  I'm not sure what
you can do with tick mark labels, though.

With Mathematica it seems, the graphics are easy to get, but making
changes can sometimes be impossible.

L. Thompson