Re: Formatting input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9391] Re: [mg9079] Formatting input
  • From: Allan Hayes <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 01:02:22 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:43:00 -0400
ami at gladstone.uoregon.edu (Adam Hardin Price) [mg9079] Formatting input

> When I layed out my programs in 2.2, I made liberal use of the tab
> key, which was approximately 5 spaces.  In 3.0, it seems to be
> approximately one space  (pointless.)  Is there any preference I
> can switch off to get my old tab back?

Adam:

Two possibilities:
1) convert each program cell to InputForm (instead of default   Standard
Form) by selecting the cell and using the menu item
	Cell>ConvertTo>InputForm
2) use Cell>DefaultInputStyle>InputForm (new cells only will be
affected)

Tab spaces can be set by selecting the cells, using the menu item
	Format>Option Inspector... and looking up up TabSpacings.

Allan Hayes
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
http://www.haystack.demon.co.uk/training.html voice:+44 (0)116 2714198
fax: +44 (0)116 2718642