Problems installing Mathematica 3.01 on AIX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8997] Problems installing Mathematica 3.01 on AIX
  • From: news at chaos.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 03:35:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everybody,

When I install the new version I get the following message

 >> The Mathematica fonts are not properly installed in your system
 >> ........ expressions cannot be displayed properly

I see that in our installation all the fonts are in pfc.Z format.
Fonts delivered with Mathematica are in BDF format.
Starting up Mathematica xset commands are giving problems.

  How do I make Mathematica 3.0 find the fonts for the front end ?
 In that document there refer to sources:
  Ftp://mathsource.wolfram.com/pub/Outgoing/Support/Math30PC.......
  but there were no files in this directory

Please help me as soon as possible, because we want to give a
demonstration
next week

Thank you , with kind regards

--

Erik Van Eynde              -
 LUDIT
 Leuvens Universitair Dienstencentrum voor Informatica en Telematica
 W. de Croylaan 52a                    phone: +32 16 322-243
 3001 Heverlee                         fax: +32 16 322-999
 Belgie

Electronic adress:

 gepers.E-mail: Erik.VanEynde at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
           of : Erik.VanEynde at student.kuleuven.ac.be