Re: Showing Plot and ListPlots on the same graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9056] Re: Showing Plot and ListPlots on the same graph
  • From: wall at bacon.ethz.ch (Ernst U. Wallenborn)
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:42:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

dude at unr.edu writes:

> I have been able to plot data with ListPlot and a function
> with Plot but I would like to put them on the same graph.
> Does anyone know how this might be done?
>
> thanks in advance

i think you can assign them to variables (as in pl1=Plot[]
pl2=ListPlot[]) and the use Show[] as in

In[1]:= ?Show
Show[graphics, options] displays two?­ and three?­dimensional graphics, using
   the options specified. Show[g1, g2, ... ] shows several plots combined.

hth

--
Ernst-Udo Wallenborn
Laboratorium fuer Physikalische Chemie