Re: wierd Log *0 result
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg9077] Re: [mg9022] wierd Log *0 result
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:42:57 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Patrick Tao wrote: > > Hello mma users, > > I have a quick question on the following computation: > > the natural log of 0 times 0 writen Log*0 > > Should that not be 0 ? > > mma is returning an Indeterminate result > > Can somebody please help me understand this computation. > > Many Thanks > > -patrick Log=-Infinity Infinity * 0 is one of the seven standard indeterminate forms along with: 0/0, Infinity/Infinity, 1^Infinity, Infinity-Infinity, Infinity^0, zero^zero. I recommend a good pre-calc text as a brush up on limits.