Re: Colored ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg9054] Re: [mg8975] Colored ListPlot
  • From: John JOWETT <John.Jowett at>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 01:42:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Allan Hayes wrote:
> ami at (Adam Hardin Price)
> [mg8975] Colored ListPlot
> > If it is possible I would like to ListPlot["list"], where list of
> > points in the plane, but with the following quality.
> > The points will be joined (easily done with PlotJoined-> True),
> and > they should have a color function assigned to them so that the
> > color of each joining line is determined in some way by the
> points > on the ends (or point on one end if it easier.)
> Adam,
> A simple way is to start from scratch

I wanted a very similar thing some months ago - it's extremely useful
for revealing the time-ordering in phase space plots of dynamical
Kzrysztof Goral wrote the ColorListPlot package which provides an
alternative to Allan Hayes.  It's available, together with a
documentation notebook, from

John Jowett

  World Wide Web: